Before you create an ad, first consider what your business goals are. It's important to know what you want to achieve in order to choose the right objective. Your advertising objective is what you want people to do when they see your ads. For example, if you want to show your website to people interested in your business, you can create ads that encourage people to visit your website. Below are the three broader categories, or goals, that your objectives may fall under.
- Awareness: Objectives that generate interest in your product or service. Increasing brand awareness is about telling people what makes your business valuable. For example, Jasper's Market is going to launch a small regional chain of grocery stores. Using the Brand Awareness objective they can create a campaign that highlights their fresh, organic produce to people in the local area.
- Consideration: Objectives that get people to think about your business and seek more information. For example, Jasper's Market has a website that tells their story and lists some of their store's unique offerings. Using the Traffic objective they can create a campaign that encourages people to visit their site to learn more.
- Conversions: Objectives that encourage people interested in your business to buy or use your product or service. For example, Jasper's Market has opened a few new locations. Using the Store Traffic objective they can create a campaign to encourage potential customers to stop by their nearest store.
- Brand Awareness - Increase people's awareness of your business, brand or service.
- Reach - Show your ad to as many people as possible in your target audience.
- Traffic - Increase people's awareness of your business, brand or service.
- Engagement - Show your ad to as many people as possible in your target audience.
- App Installs - Send people to the store where they can download your business's app.
- Video Views - Share videos of your business with people on Facebook most likely to watch it.
- Lead Generation - Collect leads for your business. Create ads that collect info from people interested in your product, such as sign-ups for newsletters.
- Messages via Messenger - Connect with people on Messenger, Instagram Direct, and WhatsApp. Communicate with potential or existing customers to encourage interest in your business.
- Conversions (Via Social Pixels)- Encourage people to take a specific action on your business's site, such as having them to add items to a cart, download your app, register for your site, or make a purchase.
- Catalog Sales - Show products from your ecommerce store's catalog to generate sales.
- Store Traffic - Promote your brick-and-mortar business locations to people that are nearby.
As your business grows, your campaign goals will change. First, your campaigns may focus on building awareness and acquiring new customers. Later, you may encourage people to make a purchase or sign up for an event.